Recipe by ~Leslie~
Cheesy and delicious!
Top Review by Bayhill
These potatoes are very yummy! They are rich, cheesy, and the nutmeg flavor really comes through. They went together very quickly and easily. I did have to cook them almost an hour. I think I may have sliced the potatoes a little thicker than I should have, although I tried to get them very thin. My family really enjoyed these and gave them 2 thumbs up. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper.
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream (Whipping Cream)
- 3 cups grated gruyere cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (you can use regular ground nutmeg)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly butter a 12” baking dish.
- Scrub potatoes well and blot dry.
- Do not peel.
- Slice potatoes very thinly or use a mandoline (you can also use your food processor).
- Divide potatoes into 3 equal portions.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup cream into bottom of the baking dish.
- Lay 1/3 of the sliced potatoes evenly in rows on top of the cream.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the Gruyere on top of the potato slices.
- Pour 1/3 of cream over this and grind a little pepper and nutmeg over top.
- Repeat this process until all of the potatoes, cream and Gruyere cheese are used up.
- You will have 3 layers.
- Finish the dish by sprinkling the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until the top is browned and the potatoes are tender.