Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Thick and rich--yet lightly fragranced and flavored--nice contrasts! Brown sugar lends an especially nice body not found with white sugar. Thanks to *Christmas Sweets* by Georgenned Brennan for this wonderful recipe.
- 3 1⁄4 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, pureed (3 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients, press into 9-inch springform pan pushing a slight crust up the edge about an inch.
- Bake about 15 minutes; cool while preparing filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese & brown sugar until well-blended.
- Add eggs one-at-a-time, beat until very smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, combine mango puree, cream and lime juice, mixing thoroughly.
- Add mango mixture to cream cheese mixture, mix until well-blended; pour into crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes (center will jiggle slightly).
- Cool on wire rack, then refrigerate for about 8 hours.
- To serve, run knife around edges to loosen from pan, release sides, lift cake out and set on serving plate.
- Serve chilled, sprinkled with nuts.