Recipe by puppitypup
The ultimate breakfast comfort food. Quick to make if you boil the eggs ahead of time. To get the full flavor, you have to cook the butter and flour enough to lose the flour taste, that's the key to getting this dish right.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream or 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (less if using table salt)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop eggs, set aside.
- Melt butter over med-hi on stove.
- Stir flour in and brown slightly, being careful not to burn.
- Add cream a little at a time, stirring to incorporate after each addition. Use more or less cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Turn off heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in eggs.
- Pour over toasted bread.