The ultimate breakfast comfort food. Quick to make if you boil the eggs ahead of time. To get the full flavor, you have to cook the butter and flour enough to lose the flour taste, that's the key to getting this dish right.
- Peel and chop eggs, set aside.
- Melt butter over med-hi on stove.
- Stir flour in and brown slightly, being careful not to burn.
- Add cream a little at a time, stirring to incorporate after each addition. Use more or less cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Turn off heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in eggs.
- Pour over toasted bread.