Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the best cake ever, I make it all the time. Rich and decadent.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces German chocolate cake mix (box)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 5 butterfinger candy bars
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup
- 1. Bake the cake according to package directions in a 13 x 9 inch pan. When it's done, and while it's still hot, punch holes in the cake and pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some of it sinks in the holes.
- 2. Do the same with the caramel ice cream topping. Sprinkle on some of the broken candy pieces. When it's cool, spread the Cool Whip topping on the top, and then sprinkle the rest of the broken bars. Then drizzle more caramel all over and then drizzle chocolate syrup all over in zig zags.
- 3. Hint! Put all your candy bars in the freezer. When you're ready to use them, take them from the freezer.
- 4. Leave the wrappers on and take a mallet or a hammer and smash them inside the wrappers. Keep cool until you need them.
- 5. Enjoy!
- 6. The cook and prep times are approximate and will vary with the size cake pan you use, as well as your oven.
This moist chocolate cake boasts an infusion of sweetened condensed milk AND salted caramel topping covered over with a layer of crispy crushed Butterfingers and a very thick and creamy rich whipped topping. I'm not done yet...topped, yet again, with another layer of crispy crushed Butterfingers. Highly recommended, but just have your dentist check your molars.