Butterfinger Crumb Cake
photo by Artsy Chef
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8" square baking pan.
- Combine the flour and both sugars in a large bowl; cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture to a small bowl; stir in the Butterfinger pieces.
- Stir the baking soda and salt into the remaining flour mixture; set aside.
- Combine the milk, sour cream, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl; blend well.
- Add to the flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan; sprinkle evenly with the Butterfinger crumbs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm or cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The cakes flavor is great! However, even though I followed direction to the letter this did not come out as described at all! Everything looked well until the timer went off! I had out in the oven a beautiful crumbcake. Light fluffly at least 1" layer of fine crumbs all ovar the top. What came out was a cake that was done but no crumbs at all. They had all gone to the bottom where the butterfinger particles all carmelized and made cutting the cake quite difiicult. Looked awful and difficult to sevre but good flavor.