Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from the Best of Bridge and just like the name suggests, it is extremely rich and fattening! However, it is awesome! The mix of ingredients sounds absolutely disgusting, but it is very tasty. I usually serve this to company and always get rave reviews. One of my friends who came to fix my computer a few years ago said he wasn't leaving til he got a doggy bag! Don't let the ingredients fool you. This is an amazing dish. Serve in small pieces because it is extremely rich, but I guarantee your guests will ask for seconds. I usually serve this with [recipe=91550]Spinach, Strawberry, Mandarin Salad With Poppyseed Dressing[/recipe]which tart sweetness is great to offset the richness of the lasagna.
- 2 packages knorrs hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pepper (depending on the brand of Hollandaise sauce, ingredients or measurement might be different)
Ingredients for rest of lasagna
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (I don't measure this, I just sprinkle it to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I don't measure this, I just sprinkle to taste)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cooked tender crisp,canned works well too,but it more mushy than fresh.
- Boil water and cook lasagna noodles.
- When done, drain and run cold water over them.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Cook boneless chicken breasts until done.
- Slice into small thinly sliced strips (you can do this before or after cooking).
- Saute mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Spray 9X13 cooking pan with cooking spray (I use pampered chef stoneware).
- Make hollandaise sauce according to package directions and spread a small amount on the bottom of a 9 x13 pan, enough to cover the bottom.
- Place a layer of noodles on top of hollandaise sauce.
- Cover with half of the chicken and sprinkle with basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with half of the mushroom and onion mixture and then drizzle and spread half of the remaining hollandaise.
- Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Top this with half of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Place all of the asparagus neatly in a layer over cheese.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the cheeses.
- Cook, uncovered, in 350 F.
- oven for 45- 60 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Watch to ensure the cheese doesn't begin to burn, if so, cover with foil in a tent like fashion, which might add to the cooking time.
- You need a deep 9X13 pan for this.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve a salad with a tart dressing to offset the richness, such as my spinach, strawberry and poppyseed salad.
- I have never attempted to freeze this, so I don't know how that works.
- Considering the asparagus, I don't think it would freeze well.
- Note about packaged Hollandaise sauce: Be sure to check pkg directions at the store as ingredients/measurements/pkg yield may differ according to brand.