Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup turkey, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon
- In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and add finely diced onions, carrots, and celery; cook until soft and golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add corn, turkey, salt and pepper and the chicken stock then bring to a boil.
- Let the soup simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Before serving squeeze in the juice of a lemon.
- Leftover rice may be substituted for the corn.
This is terrific, I also added about 1 tsp. of poultry seasoning. Family loves this.
Great recipe, I made a couple alterations to suite our tastes, I substituted a couple fresh mushrooms sliced up instead of the corn and to make it more filling added about a cup of instant white rice and let it set until the rice was soft. Overall a good recipe and a great way to use up those leftovers.
My husband & I loved this soup. I used poultry seasoning as well for some extra flavor. It was very easy to make & yummy!