Dar's Hot Dog Chili Sauce
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, chopping into small pieces.
- While the beef is browning, run the 2 cans of diced tomatoes, juice and all, through processer (you can use canned crushed tomatoes, but do not use the "concentrated" crushed tomatoes).
- When meat is browned, add the crushed tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, cayenne and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer lightly, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- This makes enough for about 36 hot dogs, more or less, depending on how heavily you load your sandwich. You can freeze half for a later use.