1 hr 30 mins
Benson Cinnamon's Note:
The best squash soup I have ever tasted and easy to make..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel squash, cut into small cubes (4 cups +).
- 2Chop onion, celery and garlic.
- 3Melt butter in pot, add onion, celery & garlic, cook for 3 - 4 minutes, add squash, wine, then thyme & bay leaf.
- 4Stir, pour in broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes, then remove thyme and bay leaf.
- 5Puree in blender, strain back into pot.
- 6Before serving mix whip cream, nutmeg & salt.
- 7Plop a spoonful on each bowl. (We don't use the whip cream mixture nor the squash seeds as it is plenty rich without it). Delicious.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Darlene's Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 423.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs
salt & pepper