Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Little Corner of Mine blog, http://belachan2.blogspot.com/2008/10/dark-chocolate-yogurt-cake.html.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisk
- 1 tablespoon strong brew coffee
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease a 8.5x3.5 loaf pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, sift in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add in salt, sugar. Stir to mix well.
- 3. Then, add in all the wet ingredients: yogurt, eggs, coffee and oil. Use a whisk and whisk everything together until blended.
- 4. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before taking it out to cool completely on wire rack.
Very nice moist loaf cake. Not too sweet and a good chocolate flavour. Be careful not to overbake!
Excellent recipe, recommended to me by my daughter who is a wonderful baker, I'm glad to say that my results were also excellent, and I'm not such a good baker, so its clearly a really good recipe!!! We both chose to make muffins rather than cake, I got 12 cupcake - sized muffins out of this recipe, I baked them for approx 25 minutes. They were declared excellent in texture and taste by DH, who is an expert taster :) Thank you Spongebob!!!
Another great recipe from Spongebob!!! This is such a good cake!!! It is very moist and luscious!! I love that it has less guilt using the yogurt and canola instead of butter. I used some instant espresso powder that I mixed to make a cup of coffee and put the TBSP for the cake, it gave the chocolate wonderful depth of flavor!! Loved this recipe, thanks for posting!!