Recipe by moallen31
This is a rich chocolate frosting with a hint of cream cheese flavor. It is not overly sweet and will not overpower any cake that you have baked. If you are looking for something nice and sweet but not over the top, this is the recipe for you. I came up with this for that reason for me. I don't like milk chocolate frosting or anything extrememly heavy because I make my cake light and flavorful and do not want to hide that.
Top Review by cookingamecock
When I was done making this frosting, it tasted very bland, and looked like a milk chocolate instead of a dark chocolate frosting. I ended up adding more cocoa, cream cheese, milk, and added some vanilla extract and finally got the taste I wanted. Would not recommend this recipe, but at least I was able to alter it.
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips, like hershey special dark chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (I used whipped for a lighter texture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler until butter is almost melted.
- Stir until chips and butter is all melted.
- Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with the milk. Blend with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and blend. Let sit for a minute to cool the rest of the way.
- Use in your favorite way!