Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
This one is for you Danny! Your favorite dinner with tossed green salad and garlic butter Italian bread!
- Cook fettuccine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water* until al dente.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Melt 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) butter in a 2- to 3-quart flameproof gratin dish over low heat.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat, lifting strands.
- Add cheese, reserved cooking water, cream, remaining 3 tablespoons butter (thinly sliced), salt, and pepper and toss to combine well.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve immediately.
- *When salting water for cooking, use 1 tablespoon salt for every 4 quarts of water.
This was excellent. The taste was rich, creamy, and well balanced. I had a box of very special regional pasta from Italy that I had gotten for the holidays and I wanted a really special sauce to serve over it. This was perfect! A great special occasion type of sauce.
My girlfriend loved the dish but for some reason mined didn't come out creamy at all. Easy dish to make but i must of done something wrong.
We loved the sauce with our alfredo. The rich thick creamy and really delicious sauce can't be beat!