Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 lb sea scallops, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup additional chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add.
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a.
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most.
- of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over.
- medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce. Add shrimp, scallops and.
- cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.