Linda's Italian Salad With Spicy Italian Dressing
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, lg. stems removed, then torn
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced, then each slice cut into thirds
- 2 (8 ounce) cans quartered artichokes, drained
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, cut in half
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into slices, then cut in half
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic and herbed croutons (optional)
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
spicy Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil, I used extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar, I used white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, I used 2 teaspoons of dried my friend made
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Add greens to a lg. salad bowl. Mix well.
- Add peppers, onions, artichokes, pepperocini peppers, tomatoes and black olives. Mix well with salad forks or with your hands.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make dressing.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, thyme, dry mustard and garlic together well in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add to salad mix right before serving, and mix well with salad forks.
- Add Parmigiano Reggiano, if using.
- Top with croutons, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I can honestly say, I don't know when I have enjoyed a salad more than this one. It is one of the most flavorful salads that I have ever eaten. My DH went for seconds and ate every last leaf in the bowl!! This will be enjoyed many more times and I have given the recipe out to a couple of my friends and my family as well. A true treasure if you are a salad lover like me!!!