Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe came from my buddy Danny at work. He brought it for one of our luncheons here and everyone loved it including me. If you read this, Danny. Thank you for the great recipe!
Top Review by Kitty 2
My family loved this one! It is a keeper. Loved the flavor. I added a little water and chicken bouillon to make it a little more brothy as mine turned out too thick. I also used chicken I cooked off the bone. I added a little white rice to it as well. With the thin, crunchy tortilla strip topping you find in the stores to top salads and soups and grated cheese.... this was so DELICIOUS! Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cans cooked chicken (white)
- 1 package mild taco seasoning
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (original flavor)
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 1 (24 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cans great great northern beans, drained
- 2 cans rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, saute butter and onions.
- Add remaining ingredients, including 1 (24 oz.) can of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer-- the longer, the better in order to let the flavors combine.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, chips, cracker or cornbread.