1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from my buddy Danny at work. He brought it for one of our luncheons here and everyone loved it including me. If you read this, Danny. Thank you for the great recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cans cooked chicken (white)
- 1 package mild taco seasoning
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (original flavor)
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 1 (24 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cans great great northern beans, drained
- 2 cans rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large dutch oven, saute butter and onions.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, including 1 (24 oz.) can of water.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer-- the longer, the better in order to let the flavors combine.
- 4Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, chips, cracker or cornbread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danny's Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 375.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix