From The Joy of Muffins - The International Muffin Cook Book. This is what the intro says for this recipe. Rum-flavored desserts became popular in Denmark because of the Danish colonies in the West Indies. Danish rum-raisin muffins are inspired by romfromage and rombudding, rum cream and rum pudding. They are delicious for tea. Serve them with raspberry jam or whipped cream for real Danish appeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak overnight raisins and dark rum.
- 2Drain raisins, reserving rum.
- 3Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- 4Cut in butter until coarse meal forms.
- 5Mix in raisins.
- 6Whisk sour cream, egg, vanilla and two tablespoons rum until smooth.
- 7Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in cream and egg mixture.
- 8Fill muffin pans three-fourths full and bake until brown.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Rum Raisin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (986 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g