Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Joy of Muffins - The International Muffin Cook Book. This is what the intro says for this recipe. Rum-flavored desserts became popular in Denmark because of the Danish colonies in the West Indies. Danish rum-raisin muffins are inspired by romfromage and rombudding, rum cream and rum pudding. They are delicious for tea. Serve them with raspberry jam or whipped cream for real Danish appeal.
- Soak overnight raisins and dark rum.
- Drain raisins, reserving rum.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until coarse meal forms.
- Mix in raisins.
- Whisk sour cream, egg, vanilla and two tablespoons rum until smooth.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in cream and egg mixture.
- Fill muffin pans three-fourths full and bake until brown.
- Bake at 375 degrees 20 minutes.