Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another one of my husbands family recipes. The index card (now yellow with age) says it is Auntie Vivian Cornwall's recipe. It is really good, but you need to take care not to over-bake the bottom layer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup flour.
- Press into greased 9x13 pan and bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and baking powder.
- Pour over baked bottom layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 20 minutes more.