My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb danish pastry dough (approximately)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- 2Beat together with a small spatula.
- 3Place dough on a floured surface and lightly sprinkle flour over it.
- 4Using a rolling pin, press the dough in firm, parallel strokes to soften it.
- 5Flour the surface and the dough again if necessary.
- 6Roll dough out to a 12" x 17" rectangle.
- 7Slide dough onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.
- 8Cut a 1-inch wide strip of dough from one of the narrow sides, and set it aside.
- 9Cut remaining dough into 12 4-inch squares.
- 10Leave squares in place and drop a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of each square.
- 11Fold the four corners of each square in to meet in the center over the filling, overlapping only about 1/4 inch.
- 12Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- 13Cut reserved pastry into 12 1-inch squares.
- 14Beat the egg and salt together and brush a little in the center of each pastry.
- 15Top with a square of the reserved dough.
- 16Cover and let rise until just starting to puff, about 20-30 minutes.
- 17Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 18Brush pastry all over with egg wash.
- 19Sprinkle with almonds.
- 20Bake until pastry is deep golden and filling is set, about 20 minutes.
- 21Cool on rack.
- 22Combine icing ingredients in a small saucepan and stir to mix.
- 23Cook over low heat until just lukewarm.
- 24Drizzle icing over pastry and let set.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Cheese Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 262.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g