Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was given to me by my SIL Daniela who learned it from her father. I have never had stuffing so good. It will be our traditional stuffing each Thanksgiving from now on.
- Chop apples to bite size pieces.
- Cut celery stalks to small bits, include tops and leaves.
- Chop onion to small pieces.
- Remove leaves from stems of thyme and rosemary, chop fine.
- Decrust bread. (Can save crusts for making croutons) Cut bread into small cubes.
- Soften currants for about five minutes in a little water, then drain.
- Butter or grease a baking dish. Add bread, then vegetables, currants and herbs.
- Cut butter into many pats. Place evenly around pan.
- Bake dish in oven at 350 till golden. About 20 to 30 minutes, checking halfway to stir.