Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
As a kid, I spent countless hours picking dandelions and putting them in cups, leaving them on the kitchen counter as a surprise for my mom. Kids LOVE dandelions, after all, they are some of the only "flowers" they are allowed to pick whenever they will. I thought this sounded like a great project for kids, and can't wait to try these cookies at the first sight of these "flowers"! From what I've heard, these are NOT very sweet. Got this from learningherbs.com Prep time does not include picking dandelions!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the oil and honey and then beat in the 2 eggs and vanilla.
- Remove the yellow flower parts from the green parts (compost the green parts).
- Stir in the flour, oatmeal, and dandelion flowers.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.