Recipe by zoukncook
Had a lot of daikon in the fridge and I wanted to try something different. Came across this recipe some time ago and loved it.
Top Review by Sally Mom2Two
This Recipe was great! I had daikon radish left from my winter CSA box and didn't want to make a cold 'slaw' type recipe with it. The whole family (inc 2 and 5-year old girls) LOVE this recipe. I modified it some. I didn't have sake, so I used some rice vinegar. I don't know what mirin is, so I just skipped it. This is now added to my regular rotation. We doubled+ the sauce the second and third time to have lots of sauce over rice.
- 1 medium daikon radish
- 2 boneless chicken legs with thigh (may substitute with chicken breast but taste might be less rich)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mirin
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel daikon and cut into 1/2 inch half moons.
- Cut chicken into 1/2- 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil. Add daikon and chicken and sauté over high heat. Stir in crushed garlic and chili flakes/pepper.
- Add all ingredients for the cooking sauce. Cook over medium heat, constantly skimming.
- When the sauce has nearly evaporated, sprinkle sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and serve. Great with rice.
- Even better the day after!