Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
D'Agostino's is a supermarket chain in NYC and this recipe is from one of their cards that says to serve it with broiled fish. It has cayenne pepper and some dry mustard which make it a little different.
- 1 cup long grain rice, raw
- 2 tablespoons corn oil, can use canola
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced, to garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions (in water).
- Toss hot rice with oil, lemon juice, parsley, cayenne pepper and dry mustard.
- Mix well and spoon into serving bowl.
- Garnish with parsley springs and lemon slices.
Simple and tasty. DH liked it a touch more than I did, so it gets four stars from him. Next time I will probably use butter, rather than corn oil, will use a bit less cayenne and add salt & garlic powder to make it a five star recipe. Thanks!