Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dad's original barbecue sauce recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup plum sauce (one 7 oz. jar, Dynasty brand only)
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup Greek honey (Apipharm brand Thyme and Wild Flower)
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce (A-1 brand only)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (Frank's brand)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mesquite liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrin's brand only)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- WHISK all ingredients well in a medium saucepan: One 7 oz. jar Dynasty brand plum sauce, 6 tablespoons tomato paste, 1/4 cup Apipharm brand Thyme and Wild Flower honey, 1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons Frank's buffalo wing sauce, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon pineapple juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite liquid smoke flavoring, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice, 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard.
- SIMMER sauce over low heat.
- WHISK occasionally to refresh consistency.
- REMOVE from heat after 30 minutes.
- COOL barbecue sauce completely.
- FUNNEL into plastic squeeze bottles or Ball canning jars.
- USE as you would any barbecue sauce.
- SUGGESTION: Serve with barbecued chicken or ribs, or my favorite -- pulled pork sandwiches.
- STORE refrigerated and capped.
- ENJOY it while it lasts!