1/1 Photo of Dad's Famous Barbecue Sauce
The Spice Guru's Note:
My dad's original barbecue sauce recipe.
My Private Note
pint ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup plum sauce (one 7 oz. jar, Dynasty brand only)
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Greek honey (Apipharm brand Thyme and Wild Flower)
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (A-1 brand only)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (Frank's brand)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrin's brand only)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1WHISK all ingredients well in a medium saucepan: One 7 oz. jar Dynasty brand plum sauce, 6 tablespoons tomato paste, 1/4 cup Apipharm brand Thyme and Wild Flower honey, 1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons Frank's buffalo wing sauce, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon pineapple juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite liquid smoke flavoring, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice, 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard.
- 2SIMMER sauce over low heat.
- 3WHISK occasionally to refresh consistency.
- 4REMOVE from heat after 30 minutes.
- 5COOL barbecue sauce completely.
- 6FUNNEL into plastic squeeze bottles or Ball canning jars.
- 7USE as you would any barbecue sauce.
- 8SUGGESTION: Serve with barbecued chicken or ribs, or my favorite -- pulled pork sandwiches.
- 9STORE refrigerated and capped.
- 10ENJOY it while it lasts!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Famous Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce
liquid smoke flavoring