Recipe by Greeny4444
My Dad gave me this recipe for broccoli salad. I usually don't care for broccoli salads, because they can be so heavy with mayonnaise. However, this one is the best one I have ever had, and it is the only one I would bring anywhere. I am not sure where he got the recipe from, or if he just made it up.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli (tips mostly, cut into pieces)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (Pre-cooked saves a lot of time and mess)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, dried and shelled
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the broccoli, onion, bacon, sunflower seeds, and raisins in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayo, red wine vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Dad's advice: We sometimes let it sit in the fridge overnight to blend the flavors, but it's good to eat right away, too.