Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My father was the cook in the family. Any time we would go out to eat, he would come home and try to make a copy cat version. This is his barbecue sauce. I have never purchased any in the store because none of it comes close to this flavor. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you. They are standard pantry items. It's easy to double the ingredients so you will have some always on tap!
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat or 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 medium shallot, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 -4 dashes garlic salt
- 3 -4 dashes lemon pepper
- 3 -4 dashes seasoning salt
- 3 -4 dashes paprika
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweetened bread and butter pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- In large pot, saute shallot in bacon fat till it turns glassy.
- With heat on medium, add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer til sauce bubbles. If necessary, add water to thin sauce to your desired consistency.
- Pour up, refrigerate and enjoy!
- This is excellent on chicken for the grill.