Recipe by Roosie
Make yer own rice milk! This is a homemade solution to Rice Dream and similar products. Easy, nutritious and absolutely no preservatives or other "unknowns".
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice (white or brown may be used) or 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown may be used)
- 1 vanilla beans or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice, vanilla bean or extract and water until very soft.
- Let cool, remove vanilla bean (if using) and put mixture into blender or food processor.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Let stand for at least 45 minutes, then strain through cheese cloth.
- Voila! Rice milk!