Recipe by Dita 22
This is very easy and delicious soup. Each family in Czech Republic makes it a little bit different this is the way we do it.
Top Review by 3isles
This is delicious! It is easy and wonderful. I kept to the directions. My dh and I loved it. reminded me of a soup a friend and I had at Clarence's Chowder House in Portsmouth NH, a hundred years ago. We used to dream of that soup and tried to copy it but never got it right. Now I don't have to dream of it, I can eat it!!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can sauerkraut (drained)
- 5 -6 medium potatoes (cut it into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 Polish kielbasa (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the onions into the saucepan with the little bit of oil and cook over low heat until lightly yellowed do not brown.
- Add water and potatoes with salt and caraway seed. Let it cook for few minutes then add sauerkraut and polish kielbasa.
- Let it cook for at least 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Then add some sour cream, pepper and vinegar if needed.