Chilled Czech Blueberry Soup (Boruvkova Polevka Studena)
Rich, and on the tart side, this soup is truly refreshing - a great first course for light luncheons, or summer dinners.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 3 cups blueberries
- 4 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil 2 cups of blueberries in the water. Stir in salt, cinnamon, and sugar. Remove from heat.
- Whip flour into the sour cream, then whip both into the hot liquid.
- When well blended, return the pot to the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in another 1/2 cup of blueberries, and chill in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries and ladle into bowls.
- Cooking time includes chill time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This really was a very different recipe for my family to try, but am I ever glad we did! I used fresh wild Canadian Blueberries....the little tiny tart ones and it was just delicious! The smooth texture, the hint of cinnamon and the wild blueberries made this a wonderful treat. My 7 year old ate 2 bowls for breakfast LOL! Thanks for posting this delicious and different dish. Made for ZWT 4 :)Reply