photo by sjkotylak
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces sauerkraut
- 9 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 4 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 5 ounces smoked sausage, sliced (your choice of sausage)
- 5 ounces sour cream
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the sauerkraut in cold water and leave to drain.
- Place sauerkraut, onion, garlic and cold water in a large saucepan with seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the chopped bacon in a deep frying pan until the fat starts to run.
- Stir in the paprika and mix into the sauerkraut mixture.
- Return to a gentle simmer for another 15 minutes then add the dill and sausage of your choice.
- Stir in the cream, check the seasoning and reheat until just on the point of boiling.
- Serve with rye bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 4 more reviews