Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Heat 1 cup milk,cinnamon,until boiling.
- remove from heat and dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water mix the remaining cold milk and cornstarch solution.
- Mix egg and yolk together in cold milk and add the hot milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat when thicken and add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.
I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. This is the exact recipe my mother used to make. My family is from Cuba and this was made as a special treat when I was a kid. This recipe brought back so many memories. I had asked relatives before for this recipe and no one could remeber it. Thank you soo much for bringing back one of my favorite childhood desserts.
I have this going on the stove now, and it just won't thicken.. Tried asking more cornstarch.. Nothing. Tastes great, but won't thicken! Ugh!!! I wish I would've had my grandmother write this down for me
First time making natilla, as a kid my mother would make this for us as a special treat. Loved it! It was easy to figure out the recipe, custard thickened in about 20 minutes on constant stirring. I feel the recipe could have used a 1/4 cup more sugar, which I will add next time to recipe. I also used 5 tsp of cornstarch and is thick enough, currently in the fridge setting. I like this recipe.