Top Review by Danet Robaina
I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. This is the exact recipe my mother used to make. My family is from Cuba and this was made as a special treat when I was a kid. This recipe brought back so many memories. I had asked relatives before for this recipe and no one could remeber it. Thank you soo much for bringing back one of my favorite childhood desserts.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 cup milk,cinnamon,until boiling.
- remove from heat and dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water mix the remaining cold milk and cornstarch solution.
- Mix egg and yolk together in cold milk and add the hot milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat when thicken and add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.