Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very taste meal or side dish. I especially loved the oriental flavour and the many different veggies. The recipe is time-consuming but it is worth it.
- 70 g basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed and dried chili
- 1 red bell pepper
- 120 g peas
- 1 leek
- 300 g chickpeas
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to boil and cook basmati rice as indicated. Pour water off and put rice aside.
- Heat olive oil and steam finely chopped onion and garlic, add curry powder and chillies for about 2 minutes. Add finely chopped bell pepper, peas and finely chopped leek and steam for another 7 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the chick peas with a mixer and add half of the veggies, mash again. Add the rest of the veggies , breadcrumbs and the egg and mix all very well. Now stir in the cooked basmati rice.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Form 6 - 8 balls and press them to cookies, fry them for 6 - 8 minutes.
- Serve with tahini-dressing (Harmony Tahini Salad Dressing Recipe #22627).