Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the internet over the weekend and decided to make it for a BBQ. Everyone loved it...even the ones who hate peas.
- 16 ounces frozen baby peas (do not thaw)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 6 ounces almonds, unsalted
- 8 ounces chopped water chestnuts
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and toast almonds on a cookie sheet (about 10 min). Let cool and then chop.
- Combine FROZEN peas, green onions, 3/4 of the almonds, and water chestnuts. In a separate bowl combine and mix the mayonnaise and curry powder. Fold mayonnaise mixture into the peas. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining almonds right before you serve.
this is yummy, i don't make it exactly as written, but use it as a guideline. i use raw fresh peas most of the time, and add less mayo and more curry powder. nice tangy crunchy salad!
I also found a version of this recipe on the website, Simply Recipes. The version I used is a bit different in that smoked almonds are used (they are rinsed to remove some of the salt). The salad is really very tasty. I didn't add water chesnuts to mine as I don't like them so cut back a bit on the mayo.