1/5 Photos of Curry Leaf Rice
I love the taste of curry leaves and I love rice. So I combined those two things and came up with this recipe. This rice dish tastes better the longer it sits. Ghee can be substituted for the olive oil. Curry leaves can be found at your Indian grocer. This recipe uses small-medium sized curry leaves. If your leaves are large, adjust accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large sautee pan.
- 2When hot, add the finely chopped curry leaves, onion, and garlic.
- 3Sautee over low heat until the fragrance whafts-up and the onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Watch that the leaves don't burn.
- 4Add garam masala and cook for one minute.
- 5Add the bread crumbs and stir for a minute.
- 6Add the cooked rice and with a spatula, turn over until thoroughly coated, being careful not to mash the rice.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste and combine carefully.
- 8Garnish with the whole curry leaves.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Leaf Rice
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: