Recipe by Kathy228
I love the taste of curry leaves and I love rice. So I combined those two things and came up with this recipe. This rice dish tastes better the longer it sits. Ghee can be substituted for the olive oil. Curry leaves can be found at your Indian grocer. This recipe uses small-medium sized curry leaves. If your leaves are large, adjust accordingly.
- 3 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 30 curry leaves, finely minced (small to med)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 whole curry leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large sautee pan.
- When hot, add the finely chopped curry leaves, onion, and garlic.
- Sautee over low heat until the fragrance whafts-up and the onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Watch that the leaves don't burn.
- Add garam masala and cook for one minute.
- Add the bread crumbs and stir for a minute.
- Add the cooked rice and with a spatula, turn over until thoroughly coated, being careful not to mash the rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and combine carefully.
- Garnish with the whole curry leaves.