Recipe by alijen
Use as much or as little curry as you like. An unexpected, although wonderfl flavor. From a family friend. (Prep time includes marinating)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml curry powder (or up to 4 tsp. to taste)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled and cored
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- add curry powder and onion, stirring until onion is limp and curry has turned golden.
- add tomato juice, marmalade, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and set aside until room temperature.
- butter a baking dish and arrange whole, cored tomatoes evenly.
- Pour cooled sauce all over.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Bake uncovered at 400 until tomatoes are tender.
- If sauce is too thin, remove tomatoes, our sauce into a pan, add cornstarch and heat until thickened.
- serve with rice.