Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use as much or as little curry as you like. An unexpected, although wonderfl flavor. From a family friend. (Prep time includes marinating)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- add curry powder and onion, stirring until onion is limp and curry has turned golden.
- add tomato juice, marmalade, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and set aside until room temperature.
- butter a baking dish and arrange whole, cored tomatoes evenly.
- Pour cooled sauce all over.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Bake uncovered at 400 until tomatoes are tender.
- If sauce is too thin, remove tomatoes, our sauce into a pan, add cornstarch and heat until thickened.
- serve with rice.