1/1 Photo of Curry Chicken Pot Pie
This recipe was taken from the Food Network and is delicious! If you're looking for something a little different than the average pot pie, this is the one for you. Super easy too if you use a pre-made pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, etc.) or 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (peas, carrots, etc.)
- 10 1/2 ounces chicken broth (I like Campbells)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more, depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 -2 dash salt
- 1 -2 dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- ready-made pie crust
- 1In small pan, saute onions with the butter, just until soft. Set aside.
- 2In seperate saucepan or pot, heat vegetables and chicken broth until boiling.
- 3Lower heat and add milk.
- 4In a small cup, mix a little bit of cold water and the flour until its dissolved (thus eliminating the lumps that may occur if you just dump the flour in the hot vegetables and broth) and mix with the heated broth.
- 5Add onions, curry, parsley, salt, pepper and chicken to the broth and let simmer until it thickens. Add more flour if needed.
- 6Once the sauce thickens to your liking, pour into pie pan and top with pre-made pie crust.
- 7Cut slits in top (and brush with butter if you want).
- 8Bake at 400 degrees until crust is nice and golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 243.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: