Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from epicurious.com and it has fast become a favorite with my three children. It's delicious - what made with puff pastry isn't delicious - and unbelievably easy. Makes a great appetizer and finger food (say for a ball game or other party) as well as the way we have it, for dinner. You can experiment with different fillings, adding ingredients like mango chutney - go crazy. It's all good. Note that the beef mixture goes a long way, so you might want to have an extra box of puff pastry on hand if you want to keep making them and freeze them - or you can use extra beef mixture heated up in a roll for a sandwich, which is equally good, actually.
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add curry powder to onion and saute until warmed.
- Add ground beef to onions and cook until browned.
- When the meat is almost cooked, add soy sauce or salt to taste.
- Remove pan from heat and cool a little.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into 9 squares. Put a spoonful of beef mixture into center of each square, fold over puff pastry into a triangle, and seal.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F until tops are golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.