Recipe by Bungy
This is quite a simple pie to make; more like a quiche in look I guess. A friend brought this over just after I'd had my second baby and I asked her for the recipe as soon as we'd tasted it. My 3 y.o. loves it too (with less curry powder) Don't be too precious about the ingredients - just add whatever veg you have on hand.
Top Review by timhammond
These are the worst instructions I have ever found on recipezaar. However, doing my best to figure them out, the recipe turned out alright. The cooking time seems to need to be much longer. There needs to be much more rice for a 9 inch pan. Don't plan on using large vegetables, as they won't fit in the pan. Thanks for sharing.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked brown rice or 3⁄4 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 60 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter, extra
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 50 g broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (extra)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse cooked rice in cool water and drain.
- Combine rice, butter, egg and cheese and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9" pie dish.
- Heat extra butter in a med-large saucepan.
- Cook vegetables and spices for about 3 minute.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer veg into rice base and cover egg mix.
- Cook in a moderate oven for about 40 min, or until set.
- Serve hot with a salad.