Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made this a couple of times with leftover turkey and everyone seems to love it. I add the cashews right before serving. It makes about 8 cups, so it's also good for sandwiches. From Bon Appetit August 2000.
- 4 lbs turkey breast halves, with skin and bones
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup roasted cashews, salted
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place turkey in baking pan.
- Brush turkey with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 180°F, about 1 hour.
- Remove skin and bones.
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger in large bowl.
- Add turkey, onions, celery and raisins; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Mix cashews into salad.
I make this every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas with turkey leftovers, and I have also used roast chicken at other times of the year. I am delighted to find the recipe here so I can put it in my Best of the Best Zaar cookbook. I use equal amounts of low fat mayo and low fat sour cream, omit the white wine, sub. dried cranberries for the raisins, add one diced apple to the lemon juice first (to keep it from browning), and I use a sweet, mild curry powder (Sharwoods mild). Love this recipe!