Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have made this a couple of times with leftover turkey and everyone seems to love it. I add the cashews right before serving. It makes about 8 cups, so it's also good for sandwiches. From Bon Appetit August 2000.
- 4 lbs turkey breast halves, with skin and bones
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup roasted cashews, salted
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place turkey in baking pan.
- Brush turkey with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 180°F, about 1 hour.
- Remove skin and bones.
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger in large bowl.
- Add turkey, onions, celery and raisins; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Mix cashews into salad.