- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup cubed peeled granny smith apple
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in rice; sauté 1 minute. Add water and sweet potato; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Stir in apple and remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.