Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Cooking Light recipes that says if peanut butter in the sauce is new to you, get ready for a tasty surprise. Recipe calls for fettuccine; however, you could definitely substitute brown rice or regular white rice.
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, place broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through ginger) in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, curry, and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in peanut sauce; cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cilantro.
We really enjoyed this pasta dish. My husband especially liked the peanut butter in this recipe. He LOVES anything with peanut butter. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :)