Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup tomatoes, cubed, peeled
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 50 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red capsicum, chopped (a mix of the vegetables to total one cup)
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped (a mix of the vegetables to total one cup)
- Mix all ingredients together and put into a buttered casserole dish with a tight fitting lid.
- Bake at 180 C 1 to 1 1/4 hours, stirring after 30 minutes.
- This can be all mixed together and left to stand until you are ready to cook it.
- If fresh tomatoes are not available or convenient use canned, replace some to the water with the juice from the can. (I think it has a better flavour using canned).