Recipe by Prose
I threw this together when I felt a cold coming on. It is easy to make and would be comforting on any winter night. Feel free to adjust the spices to your preference.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil
- 1 yellow potato, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced (including leaves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- chili sauce (optional garnish)
- fresh cilantro (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onions in the oil until slightly tender. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add spices, stir, and cook for another minute.
- Add lentils and veggies. Add enough broth to cover the veggies. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally and adding more broth or water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, serve with fresh cilantro and chili sauce to taste.