Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This salad has a very subtle curry flavor and is rich in protein. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large carrot, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, place quinoa and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add carrots and curry powder and cover.
- After 5 minutes, add edamame and cook until all the water is absorbed for about another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and add celery, raisins, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the quinoa and mix well. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Let it cool on the counter.
- Infuse love and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.