Cook1 hr 20 mins
An excellent snack for most any occasion--holidays, camping, sporting event get togethers, lunchboxes, etc. We can't stop eating them! These make a great gift, just cut a piece of cellophane and wrap into a cone shape tied with a colorful ribbon, or place in a pretty tin. They will be appreciated.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg white with water until a bit frothy.
- Stir in the pecans and mix until pecans are well coated with egg white mixture.
- Combine sugar, orange rind, seasoned salt and curry powder in a Ziploc bag.
- Remove pecans from egg white bowl,and add to the bag. Discard any remaining egg white mixture.
- Seal up the bag and shake vigorously to coat pecans with spices.
- Spread nuts onto two baking sheets and place in oven. I line mine with parchment paper.
- Bake pecans for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and stir and spread out on pan again.
- Turn off oven, place pecans back in the oven, and crack oven door. Let them remain there for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until they are crisp.
I'm not sure why, but I've been on a seasoned nut kick since PAC, so these were a perfect choice for me to make. These have such a lovely flavor! I was kind of expecting the seasoning to be a bit stronger than it was, so later on I might try a couple more batches with some tweaks (increased spice mix, different curry powder, maybe a bit of hot pepper). They're definitely addictive little suckers, that's for sure! :) Thanks for posting! Made for The Queens of Quisine for ZWT 6
These are little bits of perfection! They're full of flavor and oh so good. I only made half the recipe, but wish I had made the whole thing cause they were gone in a flash. Made for the X-tra Hot Dishes of ZWT 6.
They're fabulous! I used my own home made seasoning salt and only one tablespoon brown cane sugar, and they turned out sooo good :D Yes, and I used the half hot and half mild option - excellent! Will make this again with all mild and maybe one batch with all hot curry. Thanks a lot for posting!! Made for POOL PARTY of the Diabetic Forum May 2010.