Cook1 hr 20 mins
An excellent snack for most any occasion--holidays, camping, sporting event get togethers, lunchboxes, etc. We can't stop eating them! These make a great gift, just cut a piece of cellophane and wrap into a cone shape tied with a colorful ribbon, or place in a pretty tin. They will be appreciated.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg white with water until a bit frothy.
- Stir in the pecans and mix until pecans are well coated with egg white mixture.
- Combine sugar, orange rind, seasoned salt and curry powder in a Ziploc bag.
- Remove pecans from egg white bowl,and add to the bag. Discard any remaining egg white mixture.
- Seal up the bag and shake vigorously to coat pecans with spices.
- Spread nuts onto two baking sheets and place in oven. I line mine with parchment paper.
- Bake pecans for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and stir and spread out on pan again.
- Turn off oven, place pecans back in the oven, and crack oven door. Let them remain there for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until they are crisp.