Candied Curried Pecans
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, curry powder, and cayenne pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Melt butter and honey with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pecan halves and stir to coat; remove from heat.
- Add spice mixture and toss to coat pecans evenly.
- Spread pecans in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans until dry and toasted, about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Separate pecans (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.