Recipe by WaterMelon
Original recipe uses pecans from Bon Appetit. Pecans are too expensive in Singapore, so I used peanuts instead. I think cashews would wonderful too.
Top Review by Kenzington
Pretty good! I think I would scale back on the garlic and onion next time and add in a dash of cinnamon. I also ended up using more honey. The ingredients are all good, just think I'd play with the proportions a little. Thanks for sharing!!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 cups peanuts or 2 1⁄2 cups cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, curry powder, and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Melt butter and honey with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add nuts and stir to coat; remove from heat.
- Add spice mixture and toss to coat nuts evenly.
- Spread nuts in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 250°F until dry and toasted, about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely and separate the nuts that have stuck together.
- Can be made 1 week ahead (store in airtight container at room temperature).