Recipe by DesertChef
I have been trying to duplicate a dish from my favorite Indian restaurant in Tucson, AZ. This is not it, close but not yet. It is, however, extremely tasty!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the lamb, then mix and form into little balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and start browning the meatballs.
- Slice the peppers and onion thinly and add to the browning meatballs. Shake the pan or stir every so often to brown the meatballs all over.
- When the meatballs are brown and the peppers and onions have softened slightly, add the butter and curry powder. Stir again and add the tomato sauce.
- Stir again and cover with a lid, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir in the spinach and cilantro and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.