Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I hate egg salad but THIS SALAD ROCKS! Give it a try and you WON'T be disappointed. I found the recipe here: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/curried-egg-salad-recipe.html
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 pinches salt
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced
- Boil eggs.
- Cover and let them sit for seven minutes.
- Then rinse with cold water.
- Combine yogurt, curry powder and salt in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Crack and peel eggs, place in a medium mixing bowl. Add the curried yogurt, onions, apple, pecans, and chives.
- Mix with a fork lightly to keep some texture.
- If the salad is a little too dry, add more yogurt a little at a time.
Give your tastebuds an exotic vacation with this dish! The apple and nuts are a perfect balance to the curry. I used only 1 teaspoon of curry. I would recommend a sweet onion, next time I will use a red/purple onion for mildness and color. Gotta love the fact there's no mayo!
This is a pretty tasty egg salad. If you're a fan of curry, this salad is for you. I added an extra egg and used 2 tbsp walnuts in place of the pecans with good results. I also added some cilantro, but I would not do so again because it didn't go well with the dish. KosherCook didn't mention when hard-boiling eggs, you should start with cold water. On a side note, the 101 Cookbooks blog has some great recipes and is worth a look if you have time. Also, the nutritional info on this recipe is off. One bunch of chives is calculated wrong (at a whopping 3,200 grams). There are about 930 LESS calories (and 100 less carbs) in this dish than listed (overall total calories, not calories per serving).