1/1 Photo of Curried Chicken Thighs
Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
This recipe came from a friend who helped me complete my mission to find a curry that I like. On my last out of town visit to her, she even took me to her local grocery store to buy her favorite curry powder. It's a Madras blend by Sun Brand, very mild and not at all aggressively spiced. And what do you know? I now like curry. I only buy the boneless thighs when they are on sale. Bone-in thighs with the skin removed work equally as well. A little less water is needed using those but a bit more cooking time is needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into 1-inch strips. I have kept bone-in thighs whole.
- 2Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot.
- 3Cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until brown on all sides.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- 5Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until chicken is done. (longer for bone-in thighs.
- 6Turn off heat. Stir in sour cream.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 748.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.6 g