Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I usually double this recipe and even make a little extra of the "dressing". Otherwise I find it to be a little on the dry side. Great for sandwiches, on top of green salads or served on top of tomato slices!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- Boil several large, split chicken breasts (with bone-in, skin on) in salted water until done (about 1 hour).
- Once cooled, pull meat from bone and chop coarsely, making enough for 2 and 1/2 cups.
- Mix 2 and 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast with 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds.
- Mix remaining ingredients (mayo thru curry powder) creating the "dressing" and toss with chopped chicken and almond mixture.
- Chill for 2 hours.
This was certainly simple and made a nice lunch. It was a little bland for us. I would like to try this again and add more curry and maybe some celery or apple to give it a little more crunch. Thanks for sharing ElmerDog.